Before Intravenous Sedation & General Anesthesia
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight the evening prior to your appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before your surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, intraoral and nasal piercings as well as dentures must be removed prior to surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick or excessive makeup on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with your surgeon or our staff prior to your surgical date for instructions.